We hope you are all keeping well and healthy during these strange times. On a positive note the sun has been shining and the lockdown restrictions are easing allowing some normality to return.
As per the government’s announcement on Tuesday 23rd June, health clubs are not going to open as the industry anticipated on 4th July. We are sure like us that you are totally confused as to how bars and such can open but health clubs and gyms cannot. Science indicates that keeping fit and healthy can reduce the chance of catching the virus.
Over the last few weeks we have been preparing for when the club will be allowed to reopen, and will have the following in place to ensure your safety:
- Temperature checks on entry
- Restricted numbers in the club and classes
- PPE for staff
- Social distancing signage around the club
- Anti-bacterial & anti-viral sprays
- Electrostatic technology that will ensure equipment and surfaces are coated and disinfected
- Club cleaned multiple times throughout the day
- Staff on the gym floor ensuring guidelines are met
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the club
- Gym equipment spaced out in line with guidelines
Despite these measures, we are still going to have to wait a little longer before we can open. We are closely following the announcements as we are sure you all are too, and can confirm that many of the big organisations that help regulate the industry are putting pressure on the government to get us open as soon as possible.
When the Club does eventually open, the following changes will apply:
- Members will need to book 90 minute slots to use the gym, and there will be a 30 minute break in between all slots to allow for some extra cleaning for that added piece of mind. This will ensure a more relaxed, more spacious, less hustle and bustle gym area. Therefore a far more enjoyable and beneficial training session.
- Based on Government legislation there will be a maximum number of people allowed in the club. Even with reduced access we anticipate being able to look after in excess of 1000 members in the entire day!
- The opening hours of the club are something that will have to temporarily change to a small degree and this is to ensure that we can make your gym experience as safe as possible. Closing times on a Friday will change from 9pm to 8pm and Sunday opening will be at an earlier time from 8am to 7am.
- Please note that members and staff will have temperature checks at reception. Note that if you are above 37.8 degrees Celsius you will not be permitted into the club.
- There will be one entrance to the club and a separate one to leave.
- A coloured band system will initially be used to ensure all members are only in the club for their 90 minute slot. Should you wish to book back to back slots you will still be required to leave the club after 90 minutes and re-enter after the 30 minute clean has been carried out.
- In addition to our cleaning rota, members will be required to wipe down machines before and after use. Our staff will be on the gym floor at all times to ensure this is observed. We will be operating a zero tolerance policy for this and you will be asked to leave the club if you do not adhere to this.
- There will be no boxing gloves, resistance bands or skipping ropes on the gym floor, however these can be purchased from the reception team.
- The changing rooms will be open with guidelines in place and only 1 in 5 lockers open for use. We ask members to observe social distancing if using them.
- Bags and coats will not be allowed on the gym floor or behind reception, and we suggest you leave these in your cars where possible or lockers. We also have the small personal possession lockers on the gym floor that can also be used.
- The pool will be open for lane swimming only. This will be limited to 2 people per lane. There will be no fast/slow lanes. Members will be required to book in a 60 minute slot to use the pool. The steam room and sauna will be closed during the initial reopening phase.
- Your allocated 90 minute or 60 minute slot MUST include your shower time if you intend to use the facilities after your workout or swim.
- Class sizes will be smaller with 75% being held in studio 2 (the larger studio).
- Studio 2 and the spin studio will only be accessible via the gym floor not via the cafe.
- Members are encouraged to bring their own mats for classes that require these such as Yoga and Pilates. We will also have these to purchase.
- Squash courts will remain closed for the short term until restrictions are removed due to the nature of the game.
We would like to thank everyone for their support over the last 3 months with continuing to pay a freeze fee. We are now pleased to confirm that we will not be collecting any freeze fees over the month of July.
We will communicate a payment plan to repay members for the freeze fees that have been paid over the last 3 months once we have an opening date.
For members that have paid in advance for the year, these memberships will be extended for the period that we remain closed. Details of this will also be confirmed individually once we have an opening date.
Nourish By Nisha
The cafe will be open from Monday 6th July with all guidelines in place.
You will be required to place your order at the counter as usual with food and drinks delivered to your table.
All tables, chairs and booths will be cleaned after each customer.
A one way flow system with capacity monitoring will also be in place.
We appreciate you may have some questions arising from this email, and we would request that you please bear with us in replying to you. Our priority is to ensure we can make the club as safe as possible for you and our colleagues for when we reopen.
Take care and keep safe, we wish you the best of health to you and all your friends and loved ones. We look forward to welcoming you all back to the club as soon as we are able. Thank you for your ongoing support, we sincerely appreciate it.
The Northwood Club